Tuesday, August 12, 2008

graffiti alley


IMG_1385, originally uploaded by cabeca dura.

I'm not sure how often it happens, but just a few months ago an alley behind 4 or 5 blocks of Queen Street in Toronto hosted a graffiti carnival.

The first time it was like being passed by a really bright bus - I was a bit lost and took a sidestreet that formed a sort of graffiti cross-section. The next afternoon I stopped to check out a tiny-happy-healthy community garden and was so incredibly excited to find that the back gate led into a whole other arm of the same alley - it almost felt like I tumbled out into a sea of paint.

Even crazier was to run into several of the artists who cut through the alley whenever they get a chance just to see all that amazing work in one place.

This was one of my favorites ::

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Megan! Hi!!! I had been faithfully clicking on my link to your blog every so often since last december, thinking maybe, just maybe there will be something new...well faithfully, oh probably, until about one month ago...so imagine my surprise when i just now clicked on your blog to find 17!!17!! new posts! yay! first off, i haven't even read them all, barely any yet, but I had to go back to where you picked up again and how darling are Allison and Ryan! so lucky to be their aunt. also, i was so sorry to hear that i almost could have missed you in Denver, but oh well. It really didn't work for us to go after all that weekend. i hope you had a good time. my comment here is getting long. obviously we need to catch up! unfortunately starting Thursday evening i will be leaving for two weeks at Red Feather on Hopi (i'm very excited...oh, you've got to do it sometime with me! you would love it! maybe next year.) ok, we must talk! love, paterae