Thursday, July 26, 2007

so much things to say right now...

I´ve been so lax in posting to this, and promise to fill more things in before the weekend´s over - suffice to say, I love where I am and becoming family with the students and talking with my friends, but my brain (and sometimes my heart) hurts from being in the midst of all of the days´ frustrations.
My role here gives me a window into all of the discussions and lectures that the students receive, but I sometimes feel as though my own continued exploration of place is completely stunted - most of my interactions are so functional and inert and I really ache to just put down the baton and BE HERE. Being not-a-student also complicates my ability to express my frustrations at times - even when I agree and sympathize I am compelled to stifle my opinions and solely offer my ears and a means to act on whatever issues are at hand.
This is a bit of a vent, so my apologies for posting something so down while I´m here - to make up here´s one of our many sunsets along the north coast (Litoral Norte)...

No comments: