Monday, July 2, 2007

Getting started...

I started this when my friend Patty first sent me her blog link ("Patty has a blog?!", I thought, "It would be so cool to have a blog!"), and playing with the layouts and pretty colors became a bit of a diversion (see subtitle) as I worked on my thesis - like a good procrastinator, I never managed to put up a worthy post, but now it will be a perfect way to keep in touch without jamming your inboxes!

The next several weeks I will be in Brazil working on a design/build project with ten students (all women this year!) and an incredible group of teachers/guides/designers/mentors. I cannot wait to reconnect with some of the people we worked with last year, and though I'm nervous about my new responsibilities, I'm up for a challenge and am in total awe of the opportunity to return (to açai, and Olodum, and samba, and Tia Maria's granola...).

So, I will do my best to post often (with photos!), and I can't wait to get questions or links or fun stories from you all!

much love,
megan

ps - Here are a few photos of where we're headed...


This is the view from the neighborhood where we'll be working.


The hill we'll walk up everday (I don't know those lovely people walking towards me, but our house will be in the neighborhood just beyond the houses at the bottom of the hill).


And a cool panoramic photo from our project last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan

This is terrific! You are going to get your parents into the 21st century no matter what!

We hope for safe travels this year and lots of wonderful experiences.

PaB is wonderful after a night of 60 MPH winds with thunderstorms and lightening that lit up the skies. '

We love you! Let us know when you arrive...

Much love, Mom and Dad