Saturday, July 14, 2007

some thoughts & expectations

07.11.07 (and, still...)

I have the urge to keep writing, I think, on what I expect of the next 5 weeks - the group is so different from last year (10 women!) and I am not arriving in Salvador after weeks of total immersion - some of these women have already had incredible experiences in Brasil themselves, speaking português and loving every moment. I know that my role in the group will be much tempered and supported by their own lessons and travelers´ intuition.

I am nervous to come off as a know-it-all - pointing out the obvious, if only because I reason that they seem important to note (bus stops, the laundry, where to get a great breakfast and watch the ocean) - and that it will seem that I assume they know far less than they do in giving advice or directions. I realize how much I learned last year as our group worked together to learn the city.

No comments: